Monday, June 8, 2015

Here's a look at the weather forecast!!

Me:


Jon, Morgan, and Travis:


Allison:
(notice that this is the temperature AT NIGHT!)


All you Utahns:


Amy (rainy...something I miss):


Andrew [oh boy, you must be freezing! ;)]:


I got y'all BEAT!!!!! Haha just thought I'd put in a plug for this marvelous Arizona weather and it's looking like it's going to get hotter! But, no worries, I'm still biking around and loving every minute of it! I mean, where else can someone put a frozen capri sun in their bag at 10am and have it completely melted by noon? This week was pretty eventful. Sister Isert had some pretty epic crashes and may have sustained some minor injuries, so we're taking it a bit slower, but we're fine!

This week we had a couple miracles. One was from the lady that approached us last Sunday and wanted to meet with us. We've seen her twice since then and she's accepted baptism!! She set a tentative date for the winter, but we're hoping that she'll move it up as she learns more.

this week I got to have a few cool experiences. One of which was helping new immigrants in a service project. I was on exchanges with Sister Grooms and we got to help unload donations of furniture for these families that had just barely received visas to the United States, some of which entered the country under really dangerous circumstances and some had lived in refugee camps for over 10 years. It was really cool to hear their stories and to see the effect that the service had on them. There was only one refugee that could speak English, but despite the language barrier, we were able to communicate our love and concern to them through service. Service is the language of love, kindness, and charity that EVERYONE can understand. Actions truly DO speak louder than words.

Speaking of service, another miracle of the week happened wiith Chip. Chip is a nonmember that lives with 2 members (one of which is his daughter) and, just yesterday, he fed us dinner and then started telling us about all of the years that he had denied the missionary  lessons because he wasn't interested and then he said, "what I guess I'm trying to say is that, NOW, I'm interested." And we were able to set up times we could come and teach him!! And it all started with us weeding his yard. He wouldn't even stay in the room when we would come to visit, but this last week he stayed and even participated in the prayer! It was incredible!

I am so grateful that I get to serve here and see the change that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings into these people's lives. Its been one of the most humbling, inspiring and rewarding experiences that I've had in my entire life.

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week! See you soon!

Love,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment