Monday, June 22, 2015

In the desert, the arid desert, the sisters sweat again! Aweeeeoooeeeooooeee ahbumbawe

Hola!

This week was fantastic! We had a baptism on Saturday!!!!! Yes, his name is Quinn, an adorable 8 year-old and it was so cool to see his dad (a recent convert) baptize and confirm him. It was amazing! And his non-member mother was there! It was a super crazy Saturday because there were actually 4 baptisms scheduled between the times of 6 and 7pm and so we had to arrange it so that we could all do our programs in different rooms in the building and THEN walk over to the font for the baptism. It was nice because we were able to hold ours in the Relief Society room (which is across the hall from the font) So we were able to see all 4 baptisms and Quinn's mom was able to view them all as well. It was an amazing day! And guess who forgot to take pictures? I did.... oops. I'll get them tonight, though. Never fear!

It's been a super busy week! We have another baptism scheduled for next week with Stephanie (haha it's a great name isn't it?) and we had a new investigator, Sharlene, come to church and she said that she wanted to get baptized in October! We weren't expecting her to have a date picked out already, so we were a bit floored. And she really enjoyed church yesterday and said that she would definitely come back! It was super funny because she came to our Gospel Principles class and we had another nonmember in class whose name was Arlene. So we had Sharlene and Arlene. It was so ironic :)

Other than that, this week has been a blur... Again. It must be the heat or something because it's been over 110 degrees consistently all week... Yep, it's definitely the heat.

In other news, Sister Isert and I discovered that, when I'm sick, my verbal filter goes *kahplut* Apparently it was a super hilarious experience. All I know is that I was super embarrassed and Sister Isert and Sister Grooms were on the floor, gasping for air. because they were laughing so hard. (Sigh) The joy that they have at my expense...

I love you all muchas muchas muchas and I can't wait to see you all soon! In case anyone was wondering, this is my 2nd to last email as a missionary.... :'( Stay smart, wash behind your ears and read your scriptures! haha

Love,
Steph

random pictures form the past few weeks.
1) the Pattersons, whom I miss dearly and am definitely going to visit when I get home


2) Our temple trip


3) We're not allowed to hold babies, so I had to find the next closest thing... Tippy
4) service with a smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment