Monday, June 29, 2015

Sometimes, ministers in training, come to Sunday school

Hi everyone!

So, this last week wasn't too exciting... I got  really sick on Friday and Saturday, so we stayed in. But luckily, as a missionary, you can never have too much paperwork, so we did paperwork while we were inside. We were also able to witness an AWESOME dust storm! Yes, my first dust storm! Did I document it for posterity's sake? Yes. Did I take pictures? No, but I took a video!! Or two... :) On the plus side, I was feeling betterby Sunday, so i was able to go to church. We also taught Gospel Principles this week and there were 2 nonmembers and 2 investigators (Sharlene and Stephanie) in class! It was awesome and the Spirit was so strong! Practically everyone in class bore their testimony of different parts of the lesson, so it was a really powerful experience. I was exhausted by the end of the lesson, though. It turns out that one of the  nonmembers is actually working on his Masters degree in theology and is preparing to become a minister, so that was interesting to find out. I'm just super glad that I didn't know that before the lesson, otherwise I would have been unnecessarily intimidated. After all, I HAVE a ministerial certificate of my very own. The Lord qualifies those whom he calls. But the lesson went extremely well. 

Other than that, the week was pretty mellow. I got to go back to Mesa on exchanges and it was really weird to be back in my old area. It probably didn't help that we were on bike in 117 degrees, but I survived :)

Well, besides that, Sister Isert and I are singing 3 times this week! So that should be fun. Stephanie is also getting baptized tomorrow!!!! I'm super duper duper excited for that! She's so excited to be baptized! She's so happy and she lights up every time she talks about it! She's been working toward it for so long! Now we just hope we can get tickets for her for General Conference so that she can come up  and watch it! It'll be so cool!

Anyway, I love you all a ton and hope that you all have a fantastic week and an absolutely WONDERFUL 4th of July!!!

Love,
Steph

1) So, I didn't have time to figure out how to turn the video right side up, so it's currently upside down, but this is Sis Isert's and my top pick for our mission song :)



No comments:

Post a Comment